Sunday, May 22, 2016

Baby Room

Since Zak and I found out we were expecting a girl I was overjoyed at the thought of girly quilts, ruffles, and lace.  Of course I had a stash of mostly girl fabrics for this day.  I chose to keep the nursery more neutral so it could be easily adapted for a boy someday.  I never created a crib quilt for baby Ruby, instead I used the hexagon quilt I made the previous spring.  Ruby has lots of quilts I've made.  The nursery has curtains and crib sheets that I made.
Zak made a dresser and bookshelf to fit perfectly in the nursery.
Here is a close up look at one side of the ruffles on the crib skirt.  After doing this project I wanted to avoid ruffles for the fact of how time consuming they are.  Later my mother-in-law purchased a ruffler foot for her sewing machine that I now use (totally worth the money!).  I used a tutorial I found on pinterest.  It was easy to follow, find it here.


The hexagon quilt is hanging in the background until baby can move then it will more to the rocking chair so she can't pull it on top of herself.

I made two curtains to match the light blue/turquoise in the room.  They go great with the grey walls.



I made an owl sheet and a geometric patterned sheet.  You can follow the tutorial here.

I love sewing things for baby.  I ended up making this owl wall hanging just before baby came.  I had to finish the tabs after she was born, but I working on it the week and weekend before she was born.  (It still needs hung on the door.  Hubby has forgotten.)


No comments:

Post a Comment